French Ham and Brie Pigs in Blankets
- 4 thick slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces brie, rind removed
- One 8-ounce tube refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Dijon mustard, for serving
- Heat the butter and oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onions, thyme, 1/2 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are very soft and caramelized, about 15 minutes. Raise the heat slightly and continue to cook to develop a deep golden color, about 5 minutes more. Transfer the onions to a small bowl to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut each slice of ham into 12 pieces, each about 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 inches. Cut the brie into 24 pieces, each about 1/4 inch by 1 inch.
- Unroll the dough on a cutting board and separate into 8 triangles at the perforations. Cut each triangle into 3 long, thin triangles. Stack two pieces of ham, 1/4 teaspoon of the caramelized onions, and 1 piece of brie across the tip end of each triangle, roll up in the dough and place seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet. Top each finished roll with a dab of the remaining caramelized onions.
- Bake until the dough is golden brown and cooked through, 25 to 30 minutes. Serve warm with Dijon mustard for dipping.
Recipe Courtesy of Food Network Kitchen
1 HR 15 MIN