A delicous solution to leftovers, but you don't have to wait. Substitute freshly made mashed potatoes and you'll have some tasty appetizers.
- 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus more as needed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese, about 1-ounce
- 1/2 cup very finely diced Kentucky Legend Whole Ham
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Place the frozen corn 1 inch of water in a small pot over medium heat. Simmer corn for 4 to 5 mins or until cooked. Drain and let cool.
- In a bowl, mix the potatoes, flour, cheese, corn and ham with a large rubber spatula until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste and divide the mixture into 8 equal portions. Rub your hands with a small amount of flour and form the portions into small flat disks about 1/2-inch thick. Use just enough flour to keep the potatoes from sticking to your hands, but do not coat them completely.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Shallow-fry the fritters, turning once, until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. Let the fritters cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
6 - 8