Ham, Kale, and Mushroom Quiche
Quiche always makes a lovely brunch dish, but this fully loaded quiche can be served for breakfast, lunch and even dinner too.
- 3/4 cup diced Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 6 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
- 2 cups packed shredded kale leaves
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 refrigerated rolled pie crust
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 18% light cream
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Heat butter and oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms start to brown. Stir in ham, kale and green onions; cook for about 5 minutes or until ham starts to brown and kale is wilted. Stir in parsley and dill. Let cool completely.
- Fit pie crust into 9-inch pie plate. Press edge of pastry with fork or flute with fingers.
- Bake crust for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool completely.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, remaining salt and pepper, and nutmeg. Sprinkle cheese and ham mixture into bottom of pie shell. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake in lower third of oven for 25 to 35 minutes or until filling is set but center is still slightly jiggly. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Substitute Gruyère or Gouda for Cheddar cheese.
- Use homemade pie pastry if desired.
|Per 1/6 of quiche|
|Saturated Fat 15g|
1 HR 30 MIN