Apricot Ham Glaze
One of our traditional favorites.
- 4 to 6 pound Kentucky Legend Half Ham
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Additional cloves for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- On a rack in a roasting pan, roast ham uncovered, for about 20 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer reads 140 degrees.
- While ham is roasting, simmer the brown sugar, whiskey, orange peel, cloves, and allspice over medium low heat for about 15 minutes (until slightly thickened).
- Brush the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before ham is done roasting.
- Garnish the ham with orange slices, cloves and serve.
2 HR 20 MIN
12 - 16