Apricot Ham Glaze
One of our traditional favorites.
- 4 to 6 pound Kentucky Legend Half Ham
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Additional cloves for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- On a rack in a 16 x 12 inch roasting pan, roast ham uncovered, for about 20 minutes per pound, or until meat thermometer reads 140 degrees.
- While ham is roasting, simmer the apricot preserves, cornstarch, honey, ground cloves, and lemon juice over medium-low heat for about 15 minutes (until slightly thickened and well blended).
- Brush the glaze over the ham about 20 minutes before ham is done roasting, coating evenly. Return to oven for the remaining 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown and ham is heated through.
- Garnish the ham with additional cloves and serve.
|For 1 Tbs Glaze|
2 HR 20 MIN
6 to 8