Avocado and Ham Toast
This open-faced loaded breakfast toast will keep you fueled all morning long.
- 2 slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 4 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread, toasted
- Preheat grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush ham with oil; grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until grill marked and heated through.
- Meanwhile, poach the eggs. Fill saucepan with enough water to come 5 inches up side of pan. Bring to gentle simmer; stir in vinegar. Break 1 egg into small dish or saucer. Stir water gently to create vortex. Holding dish just above simmering water, gently slip egg into swirling water. Repeat with remaining egg. Cook in barely simmering water for 3 to 5 minutes or until white is set and yolk is still runny or until cooked as desired. Remove eggs with slotted spoon; drain well on paper towel.
- In small bowl, mash avocado with fork. Stir in green onion, lemon juice, salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes; spread over toast. Top with grilled ham and poached eggs.
Tip: Substitute fried or scrambled eggs for poached eggs if desired.
|Per 1 topped toast|
|Saturated Fat 4.5g|