Bacon Blueberry Muffins
For muffin mixture:
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 c. oil (or bacon grease, if preferred)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 lb. Kentucky Legend Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 c. fresh blueberries
For cinnamon crumb topping:
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/3 c. flour
- 4 tbs. butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- In a measuring cup, add oil (or bacon grease, if using), beaten egg and top off with milk until mixture equals 1 cup. Then add additional 1/2 cup milk.
- Add wet ingredients from Step 2 to dry ingredients from Step 1 and combine. Fold in bacon and blueberries.
- For cinnamon crumb topping: mix sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon in a separate bowl.
- Prepare muffin tray(s) by lining 16 muffin cups with liners. Fill up about 2/3 full with muffin mixture. Top each muffin mixture with 1 or 2 tsp. of cinnamon crumb mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.