Bacon, Egg and Cheese-Stuffed Pancakes
With sweet and savory flavors all rolled into one, these cheesy stuffed pancakes will delight any brunch crowd.
Buttermilk Pancake Batter:
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup salted butter, melted
- 8 strips Naturally Smoked Hickory Kentucky Legend Bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp canola oil (approx.)
- 2/3 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Pure maple syrup, for serving
1. Pancake Batter: In large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs and buttermilk. Stir in melted salted butter. Pour buttermilk mixture over dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined (do not overmix; a few lumps are OK). Let batter rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 275°F.
4. Pancake Filling: In large skillet set over medium-low heat, arrange bacon; cook, turning occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Let cool slightly, then chop.
5. In another medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tbsp water, salt and pepper.
6. In medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat, melt unsalted butter. Pour eggs mixture into skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Remove from heat.
7. Heat large cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat or electric griddle to 375°F. Brush lightly with oil.
8. Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, spoon batches of batter into skillet, spacing at least 2 inches apart. Immediately top each pancake with one-eight of the scrambled eggs, one-eight of the bacon and one-eight of the Cheddar. Pour 1/4 cup batter over top to cover filling.
9. Cook pancakes for 3 to 4 minutes or until bubbles start to form. Flip and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom. Transfer to wire rack set over a baking sheet in preheated oven to keep warm. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel and brush with more oil as needed to cook remaining pancakes.
10. Serve pancakes with maple syrup.
Tip: For a speedy preparation, use a store-bought pancake mix, following package directions.
|Per 1 stuffed pancake|
|Saturated Fat 9g|