Bacon Green Beans
A delicious side to any meal.
- 6 slices Kentucky Legend Bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces cut green beans, fresh or frozen
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Drain bacon on paper towels, leaving most of drippings in the skillet.
- Crumble bacon and set aside. In remaining drippings, cook onion until just tender.
- In a bowl or measuring cup, combine water with vinegar; stir in cornstarch.
- Add liquid to skillet with sugar and salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbly.
- Prepare green beans by adding them to a large pot of boiling water and boiling until desired tenderness, about 2 to 5 minutes. Add cooked green beans to mixture, stirring to coat with the sauce.
- Heat well; transfer green beans to serving dish and top with crumbled bacon.
6 - 8