Baked Stuffed Potatoes
Not only are they delicious right from the oven, they're tasty reheated
- 6 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces Kentucky Legend Half Ham, diced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Pierce each potato several times with a fork. Bake in oven for about 1 hour, wrapped in foil, until tender.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute onion and ham until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove baked potatoes from oven; remove from foil and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees. Remove a thin slice from top of each potato; scoop pulp out into a bowl without disturbing potato skins. Set skins aside.
- Mash potato pulp; stir in 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir in milk, sour cream, and sauteed vegetable mixture. Stir until combined. Spoon potato mixture into the potato skins. Place filled potato skins on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each evenly with remaining shredded cheese. Bake for about 20 minutes at 350 degrees, until hot and cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
1 HR 40 MIN