Bourbon Bacon Brittle
The perfect fall treat, with a twist!
- 6 strips Kentucky Legend Bacon
- 3 tablespoons O.Z. Tyler Bourbon
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Course Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay bacon strips on a foil lined baking sheet. Brush bacon with bourbon and sprinkle with brown sugar on both sides.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until it starts to caramelize and becomes crispy.
Chop the bacon with a knife into small bite size pieces.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and lightly toast in the oven at 400 degrees for 7 minutes until they begin to brown and become aromatic.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium sauce pan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water over medium heat. Stir constantly until the sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to boil.
Increase the heat to high and cook, without stirring, until it reaches 290 degrees using a candy thermometer. (If you don’t have one, boil until it turns a golden amber color.) Immediately remove from heat.
- Quickly and carefully stir in butter, bourbon, vanilla, baking soda, bacon and pecans.
- Pour mixture onto the prepared baking sheet as quickly and thinly as possible.
- Sprinkle with sea salt immediately and let cool for at least 20 minutes.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
1 HR 0 MIN