Breakfast Ham & Egg Enchilada Casserole
This fun and festive casserole makes a hearty breakfast or brunch.
- 1/2 lb. Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, coarsely chopped (1 1/2 c.)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground coriander
- 6 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 c. red enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 c. green enchilada sauce, divided
- 8 flour tortillas (7-inch)
- 2 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 c. sour cream
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In food processor, pulse ham until finely chopped.
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook ham, onion, red pepper, jalapeño, garlic, cumin, chili powder and coriander for about 8 minutes or until ham is starting to brown and vegetables are tender. Set aside.
- Whisk together eggs, milk and pepper. Melt butter in nonstick skillet set over medium heat; pour in egg mixture. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 7 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Stir scrambled eggs into ham mixture. Let cool slightly.
- Grease 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Spoon 1/2 cup each of red and green enchilada sauce along each long side of prepared baking dish, spreading to meet in the middle.
- Spoon 1/3 cup ham mixture down along center of each tortilla; spoon 2 tbsp cheese over top. Roll up tightly and place seam side down in baking dish. Spoon remaining red and green enchilada sauce over top of enchiladas, spreading down along each long side of pan. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top.
- Bake, uncovered, for about 15 minutes or cheese is melted, and filling is bubbling and heated through.
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve with sour cream.
Tip: Substitute aged cheddar or a pre-shredded Mexican-style cheese blend for Monterey Jack cheese.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 12g|
1 HR 0 MIN