These burritos are the perfect make-ahead item for your next camping trip!
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, diced
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Green Chiles
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 8 (12-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add in the diced ham. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the ham has browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Whisk in the taco seasoning. When the ham has browned, pour the eggs into the skillet.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs have set. Stir in the green chiles, cheese and cilantro.
- Warm the tortillas by placing on a clean skillet or pan over medium heat for a few seconds on each side. Put 1/8 of the egg mixture down the center of each tortilla. Top with sliced avocado. Roll up like a burrito and wrap tightly in foil. Store in a ziptop bag in the refrigerator or in a cooler.
- When ready to cook, place wrapped burritos in hot coals next to fire. Let the burritos sit in the coals, turning once, until heated through, about 10-15 minutes.
Tip: If not camping, cook or reheat burritos by placing them in a large skillet with 1 tsp oil over medium heat. Allow the burritos to heat for 4-5 minutes, flipping halfway through, until warm and golden.