Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza
A low-carb lifestyle doesn’t mean giving up your favorite foods, it’s an opportunity to get creative and find new ways to enjoy those flavors – like this sweet, salty, tart and cheesy pizza classic!
- 3 cups (750 mL) riced cauliflower, steamed
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, torn
- 4 oz (125 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pineapple
- Crust: Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Scatter steamed cauliflower on tea towel and roll up into log; squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Place in large bowl; add mozzarella, Parmesan, egg and salt, stirring to combine well.
- Press onto greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Bake on bottom rack of oven for about 15 minutes or until set and golden on the bottom.
- Toppings: Spread sauce over crust, leaving 1/4-inch (5 mm) border. Sprinkle mozzarella over top. Scatter ham, mushrooms and pineapple over top.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through.
Tip: Serve with grilled chicken wings and a green salad with Italian vinaigrette for a low-carb pizzeria experience.
|Per 1/4 of pizza|
|Saturated Fat 19g|