Cauliflower Crust Hawaiian Pizza
A low-carb lifestyle doesn’t mean giving up your favorite foods, it’s an opportunity to get creative and find new ways to enjoy those flavors – like this sweet, salty, tart and cheesy pizza classic!
- 3 cups (750 mL) riced cauliflower, steamed
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz (125 g) Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, torn
- 4 oz (125 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sliced pineapple
Crust: Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). Scatter steamed cauliflower on tea towel and roll up into log; squeeze out as much moisture as possible. Place in large bowl; add mozzarella, Parmesan, egg and salt, stirring to combine well.
Press onto greased 12-inch (30 cm) pizza pan. Bake on bottom rack of oven for about 15 minutes or until set and golden on the bottom.
Toppings: Spread sauce over crust, leaving 1/4-inch (5 mm) border. Sprinkle mozzarella over top. Scatter ham, mushrooms and pineapple over top.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are heated through.
Tip: Serve with grilled chicken wings and a green salad with Italian vinaigrette for a low-carb pizzeria experience.
|Per 1/4 of pizza|
|Saturated Fat 19g|