Cheddar and Ham Puff Pastry Jack-o’-Lanterns
Kids will have fun helping to assemble these Halloween party appetizers! You can make them ahead, refrigerate on trays and bake just before serving.
- 2 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed and cold
- 4 slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 4 slices orange cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp prepared mustard
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Unroll pastry onto lightly floured work surface. Cut into 8 rounds with 4 1/2-inch round cookie cutter. With sharp knife, cut out jack-o’-lantern eyes, nose and mouth from half of the rounds.
- Using the same round cutter, cut out 4 rounds each from ham and cheddar.
- Brush tops of solid pastry rounds with mustard; top with ham and cheese rounds. Top with cutout pastry rounds and press edges to seal.
- Place rounds on parchment paper-lined baking trays. Whisk egg with 1 tbsp cold water and brush over tops.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and puffed. Let cool on rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Add a sprinkling of herbs to the top of the jack-o’-lanterns to create green hair.
|(Per 1 jack-o- lantern)|