Cheesy Slow Cooker Brussels Sprouts with Ham
With three cheeses, this slow cooker casserole makes an amazing side dish or even main entree.
- 2 cups Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, cubed
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 3/4 cup sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 35% heavy cream
- 4 oz brick-style plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup toasted bread crumbs
- Grease bowl of slow cooker with 2 tbsp butter. Add Brussels sprouts and ham to slow cooker. In small bowl, whisk together broth, cream, cream cheese, vinegar, flour, mustard, garlic, pepper and salt; pour into slow cooker, tossing well.
- Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or Low for 6 to 8 hours or until Brussels sprouts are tender and sauce is reduced. Stir in Cheddar, 1/2 cup Parmesan and chives. Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining butter; toss with bread crumbs and remaining Parmesan. Sprinkle over casserole before serving.
Tip: Add 1 tsp Cajun seasoning for a Cajun-inspired slow cooker dish.
|Per 1/4 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 29g|
3 HR 15 MIN