Chunky Potato and Ham Soup
Tasty. A full meal in a bowl.
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 cups Kentucky Legend Half Ham, diced
- Bring water and salt to a boil; add potatoes and cook until tender.
- Drain; reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute chopped onion in the hot butter until tender, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add flour to butter and onion mixture; stir until smooth. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Gradually add potatoes, reserved 1 cup of cooking liquid, and milk.
- Stir well, continuing to cook, and add peas, corn, cheese and ham. Simmer potato and ham soup over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 20 minutes. Serve piping hot.
|(For 6 Servings)|
6 - 8