Creamy Ham and Mushroom Pasta
With meaty mushrooms and Black Forest ham, this rich creamy pasta is sure to please any hungry dinner crowd.
- 1 lb rigatoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb mixed mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup diced Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Stir in ham, onion, garlic, rosemary and thyme; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until ham starts to brown and onion starts to soften. Stir in white wine; bring to boil. Stir in broth, cream, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Add pasta and reserved cooking liquid to skillet. Stir in Parmesan; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until pasta is well coated and sauce is thickened. Sprinkle with green onions.
- Substitute penne for rigatoni if desired.
- Substitute Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Oven Roasted Turkey for Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Black Forest Ham if desired.
- Substitute 1/4 cup broth and 2 tbsp lemon juice for wine if desired.
|Per 1/6 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 12g|