Creamy Mushroom and Ham Soup
This wonderful mushroom soup makes a hearty and satisfying one-pot dinner that everyone will love.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham Original Hickory, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 7 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth
- 3 cups diced potatoes
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat butter and olive oil in large saucepan set over medium-high heat; cook mushrooms, salt and pepper for 5 to 7 minutes or until mushrooms are starting to brown.
- Stir in ham, onion, celery, garlic and rosemary for 3 to 5 minutes or until ham is starting to brown and vegetables are slightly softened.
- Stir in broth, potatoes and carrots; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in cream and chives; return to boil. Stir in lemon zest and lemon juice.
- For thicker texture, use a potato masher to mash some of the potatoes and carrots in the soup.
- Use white mushrooms, cremini mushrooms or a mushroom medley.
6 to 8