Deep Dish Ham, Spinach, & Mushroom Pizza
This Chicago-inspired ham and mushroom pizza is made with store-bought pizza dough and baked in a cast-iron skillet for quick and easy preparation.
- 1/4 c. olive oil, divided
- 1/2 lb. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper, divided
- 5 oz. spinach
- 1 1/2 c. diced Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 3/4 c. store-bought pizza sauce
- 1/4 c. all-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 lb. store-bought pizza dough
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 c. shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a large skillet set over medium heat; cook mushrooms for about 10 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Season with half of the salt and pepper. Transfer to plate; let cool to room temperature.
- In the same skillet, heat remaining oil in skillet set over medium heat; cook spinach for about 5 minutes or until wilted. Season with remaining salt and pepper. Let cool slightly; squeeze out any excess moisture.
- Toss together mushrooms, spinach, ham and pizza sauce; set aside.
- Lightly brush 10-inch cast iron skillet with oil; set aside. On lightly floured work surface, roll out pizza dough into 13-inch round. Fit into bottom and up side of prepared skillet.
- Toss together mozzarella, Swiss and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle half of the cheese onto prepared crust. Spread ham mixture over top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for about 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown, cheese is melted and filling is bubbling. Let stand for 10 minutes.
Tip: Garnish with basil or parsley before serving.
|Per 1/6 of pizza|
|Saturated Fat 9g|
1 HR 20 MIN