Dill Pickle Ham Cheese Ball
This herby modern twist on a classic cheese ball is a bacon- and pickle-packed crowd-pleasing appetizer that will appeal to young and old alike.
- 8 oz brick-style plain cream cheese
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 1/4 cup pickle juice from dill pickle jar
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickles
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill, divided
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Kentucky Legend Diced & Cubed Ham
- 8 slices Kentucky Legend® Naturally Smoked Hickory Bacon, crispy cooked and finely chopped
- 4 oz pretzels twists
- 4 oz crackers
- 4 cups vegetable crudités (such as cucumber, carrot, celery and red bell pepper)
- In large bowl, using handheld electric mixer, beat together cream cheese, garlic, pickle juice, mustard powder, paprika and pepper until light and fluffy. Beat in dill pickles, 2 tbsp fresh dill, chives and parsley until blended. Beat in 1 cup Cheddar and mozzarella until combined. Fold in ham.
- Shape cream cheese mixture into ball. If mixture is too soft, refrigerate until firm enough to shape.
- In shallow medium bowl, stir together bacon, remaining Cheddar and remaining fresh dill until combined.
- Roll cheese ball in bacon mixture to evenly coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours or until firm.
- Serve cheese ball with pretzels, crackers and vegetable crudités.
Substitute roasted garlic with 2 cloves fresh minced garlic if preferred.
For roasted garlic: Preheat oven to 425˚F. Slice off top from head of garlic just enough to reveal cloves. Drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil and wrap in double layer of foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until soft and tender. When cool enough to handle, squeeze out garlic cloves. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
|Per 1/10 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 10g|