Easy Hawaiian Pasta Skillet
You can skip calling for take-out but still enjoy all the flavors of your favorite pizza by making this easy one-pot pasta that will be on the table in 40 minutes.
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) Kentucky Legend Pork Chops, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 4 cups sodium-reduced chicken broth or water
- 1 cup smooth tomato sauce
- 8 oz bow-tie pasta
- 4 oz plain brick-style cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 cup mild barbecue sauce
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick ovenproof skillet set over medium heat; cook pork for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly golden around edges. Add onion and red pepper; cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in broth, tomato sauce, pasta, cream cheese and garlic; bring to boil. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce is thickened.
- Stir in pineapple and barbecue sauce; cook for about 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with green onions before serving.
Tip: If desired, sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese after adding the barbecue sauce, then broil until the cheese is melted.