Grilled Ham Steak with Mango Salsa
It's summertime and the grilling is easy with these Kentucky Legend ham steaks.
- 1 Kentucky Legend Ham Steak -- about 2 pounds
- 2 large ripe mangoes, cubed
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, diced *the more seeds included, the spicier the salsa
- 3 Tbsp. fresh minced cilantro
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Grill ham steak, uncovered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes each side.
- Mix the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Mix very gently, so to not smash the mango.
- Layer mango salsa on top of ham steaks. Enjoy!
*Note, pineapple can be substituted for mango to make this recipe tangier!