Ham and Asparagus Roll-Ups
These easy to make appetizers will be a hit at your next dinner party.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, cooked and drained
- 16 slices Kentucky Legend Half Sliced Ham
- Cut off the tough bottom ends of the asparagus spears. Add 1 inch of water to a skillet and bring it to a boil.
- Add the asparagus and cook until just tender and bright green, about 3 to 5 minutes depending on thickness: 3 minutes for very thin and 5 minutes for very thick. Remove from the heat and drain.
- To make the cheese sauce: melt butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in the flour and salt slowly. Mix well. Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth. Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Wrap asparagus spears in a slice of ham and place in a baking dish.
- Place in a 375 degree oven and cook for about 10 minutes, until heated through.
- Pour cheese sauce over asparagus roll ups and serve warm.
|(For 6 Servings)|
4 - 8