Ham and Bean Stew
Cooked in a slow cooker, this comforting stew is perfect for chilly fall or winter days.
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 3 cups chopped Kentucky Legend Sliced Ham
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsps chopped thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 lb potatoes, chopped
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (14 oz. each) baked beans
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsps chopped parsley
- Heat oil in large skillet set over medium heat; cook ham, onion, celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for 5 to 8 minutes or until ham starts to brown and vegetables start to soften.
- In slow cooker, combine ham mixture, potatoes, chicken broth, baked beans and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or until thickened and potatoes are tender. Remove and discard bay leaves. Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Tip: Serve with crusty bread and green salad.
|Per 1/6 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g|
3 HR 5 MIN