Ham and Miso Ramen
Warm up with a bowl of this hearty Japanese-style noodle soup.
- 12 oz ramen noodles
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 4 tsp miso paste
- 4 cups packed baby spinach
- 8 oz Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, chopped
- 4 soft-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- Cook ramen noodles in boiling water according to package directions; drain.
- In large saucepan, bring chicken broth, soy sauce, garlic and ginger to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes until well heated and combined. Stir in miso; do not boil.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Top with spinach and ladle broth over top. Top with ham, eggs and green onion.
- To soft-cook eggs: Place eggs in saucepan; pour in enough cold water to cover. Reduce heat to low simmer and cook for 7 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water for 1 minute; carefully peel eggs.
- Look for mild-flavored white miso for this recipe. It keeps for up to 1 year in the fridge.
|(Per ¼ recipe)|