Ham and Pineapple Summer Kebabs
Fire up the barbecue — it’s grilling season! These easy kebabs come together in a flash and are perfect for poolside parties or as a simple yet delicious dinner with friends or family during busy weeknights.
- 1 1/2 lbs Original Hickory Smoked Kentucky Legend Ham Steak
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 12 twelve-inch barbecue skewers, soaked in water
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- Cut ham steak, red peppers, pineapple and onion into 1-inch chunks.
- Thread steak, red pepper, pineapple and onion chunks onto skewers, alternating ingredients, to yield 12 kebabs.
- In small bowl, stir together barbecue sauce and 1/4 cup water. Brush kebabs evenly with barbecue sauce until well coated.
- In batches, grill kebabs, turning occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp and ham and pineapple are heated through and well-marked.
These kebabs are also delicious prepared with Kentucky Legend Honey Ham Steak or Brown Sugar Ham Steak.
Any remaining chopped pineapple can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert, tossed into salads or frozen in a resealable bag for smoothies later on!
|Per 1/6 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g|