Ham and Sauerkraut Campfire Sandwiches
You can skip the hassle of outdoor cooking but still enjoy a delicious, satisfying meal by preparing these sandwiches in advance, then just toasting in the hot coals of a relaxing fire under the stars.
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) mayonnaise
- 4 ciabatta buns, split
- 2 cups (500 mL) arugula
- 1 cup (250 mL) sauerkraut
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 12 slices Kentucky Legend Ham Lunch Meat
- Stir mustard with mayonnaise; spread over buns.
- Divide arugula among bottom halves of buns. Top with sauerkraut, cheese and ham; cap with tops of buns. Wrap in foil.
- Place wrapped sandwiches in coals at outer perimeter of a campfire. Toast for 12 to 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and sandwich is warmed through.
Tip: Foil-wrapped sandwiches can also be warmed in 425°F (220°C) oven for 12 to 15 minutes.
|Per 1 sandwich (1/4 recipe)|
|Saturated Fat 6g|