Ham and Cheese Potatoes
A hearty meal your family will love.
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 2 cups either Kentucky Legend Diced & Cubed Ham
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled corn flakes cereal
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes and onions together in lightly salted water until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes. Drain.
- To make sauce melt 5 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan. Add flour, stirring until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Add Worcestershire sauce, mustard, salt, pepper, and paprika. Continue cooking and stirring until sauce has thickened.
- Place half of the cooked potatoes and onions in a large buttered 3-quart baking dish. Cover potatoes with half of the cheese. Spread all the ham on top of the cheese. Cover with remaining potatoes.
- Pour the sauce over all. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Sprinkle with corn flakes, then dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
|(For 6 Servings)|
6 - 8