Ham Eyeball Canapés
Fun to prepare and fun to eat, this spooky appetizer is perfect for Halloween cocktail parties.
- 8 slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 1/3 c. red pepper jelly
- 12 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/2 c. plain brick-style cream cheese
- 12 pimento-stuffed green olives, halved
- Using 1 1/2-inch round cookie cutters, cut 24 rounds out of the Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham. Spoon red pepper jelly into a piping bag fitted with a small, round tip. Set aside.
- Using a larger 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 24 rounds from the sandwich bread. Spread cream cheese evenly on the bread rounds, all the way to the edges. Then layer ham on the bread rounds, topping with an olive half to resemble an eyeball. Pipe red pepper jelly over canapé to appear as a bloodshot eye.
*Tip: Add some red food coloring to the red pepper jelly to accentuate the red color if desired.
|Per 1 canapé|
|Saturated Fat 1g|