Ham Steak and Eggs
You'd be hard-pressed to find a heartier, more-effortless breakfast than this one right here.
- 1 Kentucky Legend Ham Steak
- 2 slices of Kentucky Legend Bacon
- 2 eggs
- 2 small mushrooms, sliced
- Splash of milk or cream
- Sprinkle of feta cheese
- A few sprigs of thyme
- Place a skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add a little pad of butter or splash of neutral oil to grease the pan. Then add Kentucky Legend Ham Steak and sear for 3-4 minutes. After that, flip and sear other side for same amount of time. Meanwhile, add mushroom slices and thyme sprigs to pan around ham steak.
- While ham steak and mushrooms are cooking, fry bacon to desired doneness in another cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Once done, remove bacon from heat and set aside on a paper-towel-lined plate to drain grease.
- Leave about 1 tbs of bacon grease in pan to use for eggs. Crack eggs in a medium bowl and mix with a splash of milk and salt or pepper. Pour egg mixture into pan used for bacon, stirring every so often to keep from sticking. Crumble bacon and add just before removing from heat.
- Add bacon-and-eggs to plate along with ham steak. Top ham steak with mushrooms, feta cheese and thyme sprigs.