Hawaiian Breakfast Pizza
Topped with scrambled eggs, tropical pineapple, savory ham and smoky bacon, this yummy breakfast pizza makes a hearty and delicious way to start the day.
- 3 slices Kentucky Legend Naturally Smoked Hickory Bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb store-bought pizza dough
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Kentucky Legend Diced & Cubed Ham
- 1/4 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 450˚F with rack set to lower third.
2. In large skillet set over medium-low heat, arrange bacon; cook, turning occasionally, for 5 to 8 minutes or until crispy around edges. Transfer to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Let cool slightly, then chop.
3. In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tbsp water, salt and pepper.
4. In medium nonstick skillet set over medium heat, melt butter. Pour eggs mixture into skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until eggs are set and soft curds have formed. Remove from heat.
5. Place dough on lightly floured work surface; roll out to 12-inch round, about 1/4 inch thick. Transfer to lightly floured 12-inch pizza pan.
6. Spread pizza sauce over dough, leaving 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Top with scrambled eggs mixture, ham, bacon, pineapple and red pepper.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbling.
8. Garnish with green onions and drizzle with maple syrup before serving.
Tip: Substitute red bell peppers with fresh or pickled jalapeño pepper slices if preferred.
|Per 1/6 of pizza|
|Saturated Fat 9g|