Herbed Ham and Goat Cheese Frittata
Bright and fresh, this summertime-inspired frittata is packed with vibrant herbs and makes for a delicious light breakfast or brunch — perfect for enjoying alfresco with company!
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, divided
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper, divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pkg (8 oz) Kentucky Legend Diced & Cubed Ham
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups packed arugula lettuce
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, 3 tbsp parsley, 3 tbsp scallions, 2 tbsp chives, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In large ovenproof skillet set over medium heat, add 1 tbsp oil. Add ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Pour eggs mixture into skillet and cook, undisturbed, for 1 to 2 minutes or until edges begin to set. Sprinkle goat cheese evenly over top and transfer to oven.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until eggs are set, puffed and golden; let cool slightly. Carefully transfer frittata to serving platter.
- In medium bowl, stir together arugula, the remaining oil, lemon juice, remaining parsley, remaining scallions, remaining chives, remaining salt and remaining pepper. Top frittata with arugula mixture.
This frittata is also delicious drizzled with reduced balsamic vinegar or a dash of your favorite hot sauce.
Add sliced mushrooms or chopped asparagus to the ham if desired.
|Per 1/6 of frittata|
|Saturated Fat 11g|