Holiday Pull-Apart Pizza Bites
Both delicious and festive, this holiday appetizer will impress all of your guests.
- 4 slices Baked Honey Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 lb prepared pizza dough
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 tsp sesame seeds
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups marinara sauce, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cut ham into 32 bite-size pieces. Cut mozzarella into 32 squares (1/2-inch squares). On floured surface, cut dough into 4 pieces. Cut each quarter into 8 portions. Roll out each piece into 1/4-inch thickness. Stuff with piece of ham, cheese and a little basil. Pinch edges to seal and enclose filling. Roll into balls.
- Place each ball, seam-side down, on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, arranging balls in shape of Christmas tree. Start with 1 ball at bottom to resemble tree trunk. Then with balls touching, arrange row of 7 balls. Add rows, reducing the number of balls by 1 in each row to form triangle shape. Arrange remaining balls on top of tree to form star.
- Beat egg with 1 tbsp water; brush over dough balls. Sprinkle with rosemary, sesame seeds and garlic powder. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining basil.
- Meanwhile, heat marinara sauce in saucepan set over medium heat until simmering. Serve pizza bites with marinara sauce for dipping.
Tip: Substitute 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese for sesame seeds if desired.
|Per 1/10 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 4g|
8 - 10