Mediterranean Grilled Turkey Pitas
Packed with lean protein and fresh vegetables, these Mediterranean-inspired pitas make for a light, fresh and filling summertime meal!
- 1 lb Natural Roasted Kentucky Legend Half Turkey Breast, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 4 large pocket-style pitas, warmed and halved
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup halved pitted black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 3/4 cup tzatziki, for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat; grease grates well.
- Grill turkey slices, flipping once, for 2 to 4 minutes or until heated through and well-marked.
- Spread hummus evenly among halved pocket pitas. Divide turkey evenly among pitas and stuff evenly with cucumber, tomato, onion and olives.
- Garnish with parsley and scallion. Serve with tzatziki.
These pitas are also delicious served with an herbed vinaigrette for dipping or drizzling over top.
For added kick, drizzle with hot pepper oil or add sliced pickled banana peppers to pitas.
|Per 1/4 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 5g|