This New Orleans-style sandwich is like Mardi Gras for your taste buds.
- 1/4 pound Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, sliced
- 1/4 pound Kentucky Legend turkey, sliced
- 1/4 pound salami, sliced
- 1 medium-sized round loaf of bread
- 1/3 pound provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup of black Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup of green olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 20 leaves of basil
- In a frying pan, warm one tablespoon of olive oil over high heat. Saute onion and red pepper for three minutes.
- While onion and red pepper is sautéing, cut loaf of bread in half to make top and bottom for sandwich and hollow out a little bit of the bottom half.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the garlic. Brush on the inside of loaf: top and bottom.
- Make a thin layer of black and green olives, only using half of them. Then add a layer of basil leaves. Following the basil, layer the meats and cheese. To top it all off, use the remaining olives and add the onions and red pepper.
- Put top loaf back on and cut into wedges.
4 - 6