Old-Fashioned Glazed Whole Ham
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp dry mustard powder
- Pinch each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1 Kentucky Legend Whole Ham
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, apple cider, vinegar and butter; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until sugar dissolves and the mixture is syrupy. Stir in mustard powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Place ham, fat side up, on rack in roasting pan; pour 1 cup water into pan. Brush ham with 1/4 cup glaze. Cover pan tightly with foil; bake for 1 hour, adding more water if needed.
- Increase heat to 400˚F. Brush ham with 1/4 cup glaze. Bake, uncovered, for 45 to 50 minutes, brushing several times with remaining glaze, until thermometer inserted in center registers 145°F.
- Transfer to cutting board; tent with foil and let stand for 15 minutes before slicing.
Tip: Stud ham with whole cloves if desired.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 6g|
|*Note – nutrition information is based on a 5lb ham. Ham weight will vary.|