Red Pepper Jelly Glazed Ham
Red pepper jelly is accented with orange and warm spice for a sweet, spicy and tangy glaze that’s basted onto savory baked ham for an impressive main dish protein.
- 1 tbsp freshly grated orange zest
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup red pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- In medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, stir together orange zest, orange juice, red pepper jelly, marmalade, wine, ginger, mustard, cinnamon, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until mixture is reduced slightly.
- Arrange ham in small roasting pan fitted with rack. Brush with 1/3 cup glaze.
- Bake, basting with another 1/3 cup glaze, for 45 to 55 minutes or until glaze caramelizes and instant-read thermometer registers 160°F when inserted into center.
- Serve ham with remaining glaze.
Tip: Substitute orange marmalade with your favorite fruity jam for variation.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g|
|*Note||nutrition analysis is based on 1.5lb Quarter Sliced Original Hickory Smoked ham.|
1 HR 0 MIN
6 to 8