Red Wine & Cherry Glazed Ham
Made with frozen cherries, cherry jam and red wine, this fruity, full-bodied glaze pairs beautifully with ham, but also works well with turkey.
- 1 cup frozen cherries, thawed and quartered
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 cup cherry jam
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp grainy mustard
- 1 tsp crushed peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. In saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine cherries, red wine, jam, sugar, rosemary, mustard, peppercorns and cinnamon; bring to boil.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened into syrupy consistency.
- Place ham in small roasting pan; brush with 1/3 cup cherry glaze. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until glaze caramelizes and ham is heated through. Serve ham with remaining glaze.
Tip: For the red wine, choose a fruity dry Merlot, or Cabernet Sauvignon works nicely, too.
|Per 1/4 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 3g|
1 HR 10 MIN
4 - 6