Roasted Beet and Ham Quinoa Bowl
With a sweet and tangy maple vinaigrette, this harvest salad is perfect for autumn dinners.
- 6 small beets (about 1 1/4 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 3/4 tsp salt, divided
- 3/4 tsp black pepper, divided
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Kentucky Legend Diced & Cubed Ham
- 1 apple, cored and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 3 cups shaved Brussels sprouts
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Arrange 2 sheets of foil on work surface. Divide beets between sheets. Drizzle each with 1/2 tbsp oil and season with 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper; seal foil around beets.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until tender. Let cool slightly. Peel and cut into 1-inch chunks.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa according to package directions.
- In large bowl, whisk together 6 tbsp oil, maple syrup, vinegar, mustard, garlic, remaining 1/2 tsp salt and remaining 1/2 tsp black pepper.
- Into medium skillet set over medium-high heat, add remaining oil. Add ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until heated through and starting to brown. Transfer to serving bowl.
- Add quinoa, apple, Brussels sprouts, chives and parsley to serving bowl; toss until well coated. Gently stir in roasted beets and sprinkle with goat cheese.
Tips: For easy preparation, use precooked beets. They can be found in most supermarkets.
Sprinkle salad also with chopped toasted pecans or walnuts if desired.
|Per 1/6 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 5g|
1 HR 15 MIN