Saucy Baked Ziti with Spinach and Ham
With spinach, ham and roasted red peppers, this comforting baked pasta with tomato sauce is one dish that everyone will love. Store-bought prepared roasted red peppers in a jar cuts down on prep time.
- 1 lb ziti
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 6 oz baby spinach
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, Black Forest
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups puréed strained tomatoes (passata)
- 3/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and reserve 1/3 cup cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp olive oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat; cook spinach, garlic, salt and pepper for about 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to plate.
- Add remaining oil to skillet set over medium heat; cook ham and diced onion for 5 to 8 minutes or until starting to brown. Stir in tomatoes and roasted red peppers; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for 5 minutes. Stir spinach into sauce.
- Toss pasta, reserved cooking liquid and basil with sauce until pasta is well coated. Stir in mozzarella. Transfer to greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: Substitute kale or Swiss chard for spinach if desired.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 6g|
1 HR 5 MIN
6 to 8