Savory Goat Cheese and Canadian Bacon Breakfast Bake
Brunch is easy with this egg and bread pudding studded with bacon.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4 cups cubed day-old brioche
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Kentucky Legend Canadian Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in sauté pan set over medium heat; cook onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes or until softened. Let cool slightly.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, mustard, chives, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper; stir in bread cubes, bacon, cheddar and onion mixture. Transfer to greased 8-inch square baking pan. Sprinkle goat cheese evenly over top.
- Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until puffed and golden and custard is set.
- Mixture can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours before baking.
- You can substitute any day-old bread for the brioche.
|(Per ¼ recipe)|
1 HR 10 MIN