Slow-Cooker Ham, Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Everyone’s favorite party dip is served warm and stays warm until the last bite – thanks to the mighty slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pinch hot pepper flakes
- 6 cups packed spinach
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) plain brick-style cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 cans (14 oz each) artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly softened. Add spinach, salt and pepper; sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cool completely; chop and set aside.
- In food processor, combine cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon and lemon zest; pulse until smooth. Fold in artichoke hearts, ham, Asiago and Parmesan. Stir in spinach mixture, discarding any accumulated juices.
- Spread evenly into slow cooker. Heat on Low for about 2 hours or until heated through and gooey. Reduce heat to Warm. Serve with crackers for dipping.
Tip: To make ahead, prepare dip and refrigerate for up to 3 days. When serving, heat in the slow cooker.
|Per 1/10 recipe (dip only)|
|Saturated Fat 16g|