Slow-Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup
All your favorite toppings for a loaded baked potato feature in this rich and creamy potato soup.
- 2 cups diced Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Ham, divided
- 6 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 4 green onions, divided
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 5 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup 35% heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In slow cooker, combine half of the ham, potatoes, half of the green onions, onion, butter, thyme, garlic, salt and pepper; pour in 5 cups broth. Whisk together flour and remaining broth until smooth. Stir into soup.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or until potatoes are very tender; mash soup or blend using immersion blender until smooth. Stir in 1 cup cheese and cream.
- Divide soup among 8 bowls. Top with dollop of sour cream, remaining cheese, remaining green onions and ham.
Tip: Garnish soup with green onions, cooked small florets of broccoli or pickled jalapenos.
|Per 1/8 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 15g|
6 HR 10 MIN