Spiced Mayan Bacon
These sweet and spicy bacon skewers are absolutely irresistible, so you better make a double batch. They go fast!
- 1 package (20 oz) Kentucky Legend Bacon
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 tsp ancho chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pepitas
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Weave bacon onto wooden skewers; arrange on foil-lined baking sheet fitted with wire rack. Bake, turning once, for 20 to 25 minutes or until crisp. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate; let cool completely.
- In microwavable bowl, combine chocolate and shortening; microwave on High, in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until smooth. Stir in chili powder, cinnamon and cayenne until well combined.
- Position bacon skewers over melted chocolate mixture; drizzle chocolate mixture over bacon, allowing excess to drip back into bowl. Transfer to parchment paper–lined tray. Sprinkle with pepitas. Let stand until set.
Tip: Garnish with a variety of items, such as chopped dried apricots, candied ginger, toasted coconut, chopped pecans or crushed peanuts.
|Per 1/12 of recipe|
|Saturated Fat 8g|