Spinach and Bacon Quinoa Breakfast Bowls
These hearty, balanced, delicious bowls start the day right and keep you fueled. Crispy bacon adds umami to vegetables and fluffy quinoa for an easy yet satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 8 slices Naturally Smoked Hickory Kentucky Legend Bacon (or Naturally Smoked Applewood Bacon)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups packed spinach
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 avocados, peeled, halved, pitted and sliced
- Cook quinoa according to package directions. Fluff with fork; cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet set over medium-high heat, cook bacon, turning, for 4 to 6 minutes or until cooked and crispy. Transfer to medium paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- In medium skillet set over medium heat, add 2 tbsp oil. Crack eggs into skillet and cook, undisturbed, for 2 to 3 minutes or until whites are set and yolks are still runny. Transfer to medium plate.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to medium skillet set over medium heat. Add spinach and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until wilted. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to small bowl.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly charred.
- Divide quinoa evenly among 4 plates or bowls. Top evenly with fried eggs, bacon, spinach, tomatoes and avocado.
For added flavor, sprinkle with your favorite grated cheese, if desired.
Serve with hot sauce on the side for a spicy kick.
|Per 1/4 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 7g|