Stuffed Peppers with Turkey and Rice
Loaded with flavor, these tasty turkey-stuffed peppers make a healthy dinner or snack.
- 3 cups chopped Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey
- 6 red bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Cut away top from each pepper. Scoop out seeds; discard tops and seeds. Set peppers aside. Spoon tomato sauce into greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish; set aside.
- Toss together turkey, rice, 1/2 cup of mozzarella, feta, walnuts, oil, lemon juice, dill, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper. Pack turkey mixture loosely into peppers. Fit stuffed peppers snuggly in prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until peppers are tender, filling is heated through and cheese is golden.
Tip: Substitute mint or basil for dill if desired.
|Per 1 stuffed pepper|
|Saturated Fat 7g|
1 HR 0 MIN