Tex-Mex Ham Bowl
This tasty ham, rice and black bean burrito bowl is loaded with fresh herbs and punches of lime, Tex-Mex seasoning, avocado and chipotle.
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 pkg (14 oz) Kentucky Legend Diced & Cubed Ham
- 2 tsp Tex-Mex seasoning
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 2/3 cup finely chopped cilantro, divided
- 2 tsp freshly grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
- 2 canned chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups cooked corn
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, pitted and sliced
- 3/4 cups sour cream
- 3/4 cups salsa
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 lime wedges
- In medium skillet set over medium heat, heat 1 tbsp oil. Add ham and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until starting to brown. Add Tex-Mex seasoning; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp and fragrant.
- In medium bowl, stir together rice, 1/3 cup cilantro, lime zest, lime juice, remaining 1 tbsp oil, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together chipotles, mayonnaise, honey, vinegar, garlic, remaining 1/4 tsp salt and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper.
- Divide rice mixture among 6 bowls. Top with cooked ham, lettuce, beans, corn, avocado, sour cream and salsa.
- Garnish each bowl with scallions and remaining 1/3 cup cilantro. Drizzle with chipotle sauce and serve with lime wedges.
Tip: Substitute brown rice with quinoa, farro or your favorite whole-grain medley.
|Per 1/6 recipe|
|Saturated Fat 5g|