Turkey Slow Cooker Dressing
Whether you know it as "dressing" or "stuffing," it's everyone's favorite side dish--made easier with the help of a crockpot.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 12 slices white bread, cubed and dried (about 6 cups)
- 12 slices wheat bread, cubed and dried (about 6 cups)
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp. chopped thyme
- 1 tbsp. chopped sage
- 1 ½ cups Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey, diced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- Melt butter over medium heat on stovetop then stir in poultry seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Add celery and onions and cook until soft. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl mix bread cubes, cooled mixture, parsley, rosemary, thyme, sage and Kentucky Legend Turkey.
- Gently stir while adding chicken broth a little at a time to moisten mixture.
- Whisk eggs and stir in gently.
- Grease a 5-6 quart crock-pot and add dressing.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes then reduce temperature to low and cook for another 3-4 hours until cooked thoroughly and golden brown.
3 HR 50 MIN