Turkey & Sausage Gravy Sliders
These saucy turkey sliders deliver comfort food flavors that are sure to please.
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 lb. turkey sausage, casings removed
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh sage
- 1/2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 c. 3.25% milk
- 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper
- 1 package (16.3 oz.) refrigerated biscuit dough
- 10 slices Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey, cut into 1 1/2-inch rounds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in a large skillet set over medium heat; cook turkey sausage, onion, sage and thyme, breaking up sausage meat with a wooden spoon, for 5 to 8 minutes or until sausage meat is starting to brown. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth.
- Slowly whisk in milk; bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes or until thickened slightly. Stir in parsley; season with salt and pepper. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place biscuits on parchment paper–lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Halve biscuits. Assemble turkey and sausage gravy in biscuits.
Tip: Alternatively, use store-bought biscuit mix and prepare according to package directions. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into 1/2-inch thickness. Using 1 1/2-inch round cutter, cut out 24 rounds. Bake according to package directions, adjusting baking time as needed.
|Per 1 slider|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g|