Turkey-Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 4 medium zucchini
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. Kentucky Legend Quarter Sliced Turkey , chopped or minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. reserved zucchini meat (from center of zucchini)
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 c. strained tomatoes
- 1/2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Fresh oregano, for garnishing
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice the zucchini in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the center, leaving about 1/4 inch zucchini shell all around. Set the scooped out zucchini meat aside for later use.
- Place zucchini shells in boiling water for one minute.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add turkey and warm up in the skillet until lightly browned. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add in garlic, onion, green peppers, zucchini meat, Italian seasoning, strained tomatoes, salt and pepper to skillet. Mix everything together and cook for about 15 minutes or until the veggies are tender and all the flavors have come together. Add turkey back in and mix.
- Place zucchini shells in a baking dish and fill each with about 1/2 cup filling. Top each turkey-stuffed boat with 1 tbsp. mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and everything has heated through.
- Garnish with fresh oregano and enjoy!
1 HR 15 MIN